Student List Policy
The student list is utilized for emergency emails and communications from Public Safety, Student Affairs, Student Alliances, Facilities, Academic Affairs, Provost’s office and President's office as well as communication from other campus partners on an as requested basis.
These may include but are not limited to:
- School Openings/Closings
- Timely Warnings for campus safety
- Student Alliance Meeting Notifications
- Presidential Communication
- Notices from Academic Affairs, ITS, etc. of which students need to be aware
What should not be sent to the Student List and will be “rejected”?
- Event notifications (should be sent to “Word Out” via email@example.com)
- Job postings - both internal and external
- Freelance work for hire
- Contest Solicitation
- Goods and Services Solicitation
What do I need to know about messages to the Student List?
- Messages to the Student List are moderated.
- Any approved messages will go to all students, plus certain administrators who are subscribed to the list).
- Messages should be formatted exactly as you’d like it to appear, including subject line, embedded images and any attachments.
Please note all communications are subject to approval by office of the Dean of Student Affairs staff and may be rejected at any time even if the email fits into one of the aforementioned categories.
Questions? Office of the Dean of Student Affairs - 401-454-6600 | firstname.lastname@example.org