Dining Regulations & Policies
Community members and guests are expected to adhere to the following dining regulations and policies when in on campus dining venues contained on this page as well as the links below:
- For health and safety reasons and in accordance with Rhode Island law, you must wear shoes and shirts in all dining outlets.
- ID cards must be presented when making a meal plan purchase.
- Only RISD recognized groups are allowed to distribute written materials or make presentations in the dining areas, with permission from the Director of Dining Services.
- Books, bags, knapsacks, backpacks, shopping bags and so forth are not allowed on the serving line at The Met. If you bring them into the dining facility, please leave them at your table.
- No dishes, glassware, knives, forks, spoons, equipment or other non-food items are allowed to leave the dining facilities.
- Smoking is not permitted in any dining facility.
- Recycling bins are provided and are to be used in accordance with RISD policies and local ordinances. Please dispose of your trash properly.
- Any violation of these or any other posted regulations will be referred to the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards.
ADDITIONAL DINING POLICY LINKS